Thursday, March 20, 2008

Recovery....

Hey friends! It's two days after surgery and time to update you on my status.

Surgery was Tuesday morning and everything went well. Gremlin was removed and the doctor confirmed that it is not cancerous. Tuesday was a rough day. The anesthesia made me really sick and I was unable to leave the hospital that day. My mom stayed with me overnight and it was one horrible night. I finally got some powerful nausea drugs that knocked me out at 9pm and then I was able to sleep through the night.

My mom was amazing. She took care of me at my worst and I am so so grateful that she was there! It was a bad night for both of us, but I am glad she stayed with me. Please pray blessings over her life this week!

When I woke up the next day, I felt so much better so I took a lap around the hallways on my crutches and I was cleared to leave. I am staying at my dad's house for the next couple of weeks. I have a big dressing over the wound and a full leg brace that will be taken off at my follow up appointment next Wednesday.

Overall... that was a bad experience. A little worse than I expected, but things are getting better each day. I'm moving around pretty good (with the help of some pain killers of course).

I'm bored! My life was too active before to just be sitting still all day! Movies, sewing, and painting is the extent of my activities. Please come visit if you can :) Call me before so that I can make sure that I'm awake!

Thank you again for all the prayers. I'm on the road to recovery now :) Things can only get better!

2 comments:

YouAreMyJoy said...

hi love!!

I called... but i know you must be super tired and have millions of calls to return. i am SOOOOOO glad everything turned out. GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!!! i would really like to come up there and see you... i'll have to see if i can make that happen!!!!! i really miss you and am so glad everything went well. rest up and enjoy some movies and sewing! I LOVE YOU!!!

morgan

justin said...

Hey April we just heard the news and wanted u to know that we are praying for you.

justin & jennifer cook