Thursday, February 28, 2008

Surreal... But real.

This morning as I laid completely still on a narrow table that slowly moved my radiation filled body into a circular magnetic field, I randomly broke out into a little giggle. I was getting a bone scan by this really nice man who looked strangely at me and said - "well, I don't think I've ever had anyone giggle before." The tip of my nose was just an inch from the scanning machine when I thought about how surreal the situation was. Any minute I expected Dr. House to walk into the room and say something offensive while he stared at my tumor. I pictured myself being the subject of that TV show, and I imagined Dr. Casas playing Dr. House as he and other doctors huddled in a separate room to investigate my little gremlin. For some reason that was really funny and I enjoyed a little laugh this morning.

It's surreal... but so very real. My CT scan and bone scan went well this morning. All the injections were a little uncomfortable - but i'm sure the information they got was well worth it. Dr. Casas meets with the tumor committee today and will look over all the scans this week.


So we are waiting until Wednesday (March 5) to find out the next step. Here are some specifics to be praying for:


  • Protection from fear or anxiety for me and my family.

  • Wisdom for Dr. Casas and his advisors.

  • That God will fill my heart with joy and peace - and that He will draw close to me.

  • That the tumor will not change. (Change/growth at this point would not be good)

  • That God will do a miracle and heal the tumor!

  • PRAY for benign - (pray for this 3 times.... in a row)

  • For opportunity to share Jesus' name and that God would be gloried!

Love you all! Please continue to pray!

"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth bore it's fruit." James 5:13-18

2 comments:

Jana said...

Praying for you! I am glad I was able to meet you at Jenn's shower because it allows me to know just who I am praying for!

Ashie Nichole said...

hey love dove!! i am glad you have a blog now... i will be putting you on my "friends" list!! I am praying for you... look at my blog, i tagged you for something ;)

LOVE YOU!