Friday, May 2, 2008

Post Surgery #2

Arggg… feeling like a train wreck right now. Surgery #2 was definitely worse than the first. Here’s how things went down…

5:30am, Thursday morning check-in. Surgery started around 8am. My anesthesiologist was much better this time. He didn’t use the tube that goes down your throat so I was able to wake up a lot quicker after surgery. I got out of surgery around 9:30am and was in recovery for almost 3 hours. That was horrible. I was awake for most of it and people all around me were snoring, moaning, and complaining. It was gross – I just wanted to be out of there. I got back to my room at 12:30pm.

This time they had a drainage tube coming out of my leg and a pain medicine button that I could push every 10 minutes. During surgery, Dr. Casas cleared out the old scar, scar tissue, and swelling, and took out about ¾” extra muscle. It was much more invasive than the last and much more painful.

I was nauseous all day and around 4pm they gave me an anti-nausea shot that knocked me out for the rest of the evening. They kept me over night and I slept pretty well.

In the morning, they pulled out the drainage tube (that really sucked) and took me off the pain pump and switched me over to pills. I left the hospital around 1:30pm.

So, praise the Lord that the surgery is over! It was horrible, but it’s behind me now. I’m hopefully 100% cancer-free (we’ll find that out in about 7-10 days) and this will be the last time to have surgery.

Thank you so much for the prayers - surgery went well and I’m on the road to recovery!

Please continue to pray for protection from infection and a fast recovery for my muscles.

1 comment:

alison said...

"come let us return
He has torn us into pieces
He has injured us
come let us return to the Lord
He will heal us
He will bandage our wounds
in just a short time He'll restore us
in just a short time He'll restore His church
so we might live
we might live in His presence
in His presence

oh that we might know the Lord
oh that we might know the Lord
oh that we might know the Lord
let us press on to know Him
let us press hard into Him
then as surely as the coming of the dawn
He will respond"

looks like he is the healer after all :) praise him that he is better. praise him that he chooses to let us know him. even if it hurts. and even if we dont like the means. praise him that he draws near and shows his face on even the darkest days. praise him that you are well. praise him that he knows. praise him.

you are in my thoughts and prayers. i will treat you to movie when you arent so drugged up and stuck under a train. :)