Sunday, April 20, 2008

One Body...

Wednesday, April 16th, my best friend Stephanie organized a “Prayer Party” at my apartment with the purpose to gather as the body of Christ and worship the Lord for being our Healer. From 7:30-10:00pm about 30 people from my church (The Village Church) sat in my small living room and prayed that the Lord would heal me from Cancer. We also prayed that above all God would bring glory to himself and be gracious with the salvation of lost hearts.

One-by-one people sat with me in my dining room and prayed over me. Men and women who I had never met came with broken and burdened hearts to pray over me as their sister in Christ. The tears of a close friend feel on my hands as she prayed over me and pleaded with our Lord for mercy. My heart was stirred and tremendously blessed that night. I could feel the prayers of many and the presence of the Healer. Christ said “where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them” Mat 18:20.

This was the body of Christ at work. 1 Cor 12:12-31 compares our physical bodies with the way God created his followers to function as one. There are many parts – all with different functions, skills, and gifts – but the body is one. “But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.” (v.24-26) What a beautiful thing to experience!

The state of my heart is this: I’m walking through a refining fire with my sweet and loving Lord, who I call my Husband, my protector, and my comfort. Hosea 2:14-23 displays God’s desire for Israel – the same is his desire for me. He has drawn me into a wilderness (the scary unknown of cancer) and in this desolate place the Lord speaks this over me: “April, YOU are my joy. You are saved and placed in my arms of safety for eternity. I will pursue you like a husband – showing you my faithfulness and steadfast love. I will destroy the enemy against you and in its place there will be joy and fulfillment of my covenant with you!”

It is not by our own efforts that we know how to love the Lord, but by His grace and guidance that teaches us to fall madly in love with Him. The Bible says some of the craziest stuff – but ask Him to give you understanding on the parts that are hard to grasp and the Lord will be faithful to show himself to you. God will clarify his Word for you. It is perfect, flawless, and everlasting. Praise the Lord that He left us with the Bible and the Holy Spirit until He returns!

Friends, take comfort that I am resting in His arms. From Him comes peace in the roughest of seas!

Please continue to pray this:
That God would continue to move in my heart through this trial
That God would be merciful and gracious with salvation of lost souls!
That NO more cancer be found in my upcoming MRIs and surgery.

4 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

April,
I go to the Village. I don't know you, but I found your blog through Stephanie's. I knew her in Midland for a short time.

First of all, thank you for your testimony. Choosing to love Him in the midst of uncertainty.....choosing joy over weakness.

Praying for a MIRACLE..that your MRI was clear and that the doctor's would be amazed by HIM.

In HIS Love,
Molly

alison said...

amen amen amen. his himself is the peace in the roughest of seas. take heart, sister. he is faithful.

Rachel said...

I am praying for you daily! Even though we don't "really" know each other. You have been a special part of my sweet friend Stephanie. Therefore you are a dear friend to me. I pray that the Lord sustains you, that you feel his hands wrapped around you No matter what! I am so glad you had this blessed time with people who could pray over you. Amazing. Our Lord is so good. Cant wait to meet you!

Rachel

Unknown said...

April, I stumbled onto your blog and it is clear- you love the Lord. It's so refreshing and encouraging when I read of how someone else loves the Lord as I do. May He bless you always with His presence.
Vanessa